Leather jackets are extremely expensive and making sure that you’re buying the right item is very crucial. As nobody wants to spend their hard-earned money on a piece of clothing that is not up to the mark or doesn’t provide high quality. But in this commercial world where everything seems so perfect and high quality, it is hard to guess what product is worth the money and which is not. Don’t worry as we have got you covered. Here is our 101 guide to help you in all ways while you shop coats for women.
Things to look for in a leather jacket
- Quality: Observe and feel what kind of leather is used in the making of the jacket. Is it hard, soft, thick, thin, shiny, matte or textured? This will determine how comfortable and versatile it’s going to be. You don’t want your jacket to get torn off after a few uses.
- Body type: Keep your body type in mind before buying women leather jackets. It will determine how it will look on you. Also decide whether you want a cropped one, waist-length or little long one. Make sure it looks good on you.
- Hardware: Now this is the tricky part, you don’t want your jewellery to be of another colour and your jacket buttons to be of some other colour. That’s is why the hardware of the jacket should go with the accessories you own to give a more flattering and presentable look.
- Collar: Trends come and go and then your clothes will be left some of them where in the corner. Go for a classic one as it will last you for a long time. Don’t choose a jacket that is more like a one time wear.
- Shoulder: Again, considering your body type is important. If you’re small then you definitely don’t want a bulky jacket that looks unflattering on you. That is why check the shoulders alignment when it is fitted or not and make sure the overall jacket fits you perfectly.
- Details: You can’t ignore the detailing as it tells a lot about the quality of the jacket. Make sure the zippers are just perfect, the jacket is properly stitched, and the hardware goes with your accessories.
Thinking about which leather jacket to buy can be a confusing task considering the options you get. You don’t want it to sit idle in the corner of your closet and that is why checking the quality of the leather and how good it fits you is extremely important. Go through the hardware, collar, shoulder, back and other small details like stitching, zippers, buttons, texture and so on. Hope this guide will help you in buying the best leather jacket you’ve always been wanting.